Thursday, September 3, 2015

Waking Up

We grow up in an age where you have to go to college to get a job, to make a living.

At least that is what we are led to believe.

At 18, we are supposed to know what we want to do with the rest of our lives, but at 18, I can remember all I wanted to do was to spend time with my friends and live and breath those moments.

Some of us do what our parents want, some of us take time off, some of us pick something general and hope we find our way. And then there are the lucky ones who knew what they wanted to do all along.

I fall into the category that thinks they know but gives up and picks a "realistic" major.

And here I am.. five years later, doing what I love as a hobby and making something of myself with it. And here I am five years later.. having to choose to between being involved in my major or being involved with my hobby.

If there is one thing we are led to believe that is true, life is about the choices we make. I guess I am about to make some pretty big choices of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment